Usage: Advertising and promotion
Media: Outdoor display – billboard/transit ad
Industry sector: General business services
Print run: up to 5
Image Size: Full area
Start: 01 September 2018
End: 08 September 2018
Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

Good free even with dist commission, however since then I have noticed image being sold on various poster and wall art sites, its an image I also have on POD, but the sites where it appears are not mine. And the main culprit  have stated they obtained licence via an Alamy distributor and are allowed to sell my work and also sell via their distributors on various platforms.

I raised this with Alamy back in Sept last year and after several chases have just recieved following reply 

''Hi Kevin,

Our distribution team sent us an update that they believe this is covered under the licence from 08 October 2018 – but they are just double checking. Once we have confirmation we’ll let you know.

Kind regards,'

My question is can the terms of the licence possibly cover this, if so then I need rethink images I wish to sell via pod appearing on Alamy!!!

3 answers to this question

Thank Hanna, although I don't think that's the case here, no mention of my name and the Company say they obtained licence from an Alamy Distributor for them to sell after paying  one off upfront fee, the above licence doesn't reflect the usage IMO. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kev S said:

Thank Hanna, although I don't think that's the case here, no mention of my name and the Company say they obtained licence from an Alamy Distributor for them to sell after paying  one off upfront fee, the above licence doesn't reflect the usage IMO. 

I cannot see how it could be covered either. The photographer most often loses to the fraudsters.

Edited by Niels Quist