What is a payment reminder reference?

Vita

Question

Hello guys, can anyone explain what is payment reminder reference in Payment details, Im setting up my payment details, in case something gets sold :) 

in Q&A says the following, but Im not sure what kind of info to put in that field..Thanks for your help

Q. What is a payment reminder reference?
A. A payment reminder is needed as once saved we only store your payment details on a secure offline server; so they’ll not be visible in your account. The reminder should help you remember what account you added. For example, ‘my current account’. 

6 answers to this question

I think it's fairly clear in fact, if you have a number of accounts that might receive your Alamy payments then it's there to remind you which one you specified. If you've only got one current account then that's fine and you won't have a problem remembering but you may have one with HSBC, one with Nationwide etc. etc.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

I think it's fairly clear in fact, if you have a number of accounts that might receive your Alamy payments then it's there to remind you which one you specified. If you've only got one current account then that's fine and you won't have a problem remembering but you may have one with HSBC, one with Nationwide etc. etc.

ok, thanks Harry, I didn`t think people add more than one account, silly me

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Vita said:

ok, thanks Harry, I didn`t think people add more than one account, silly me

They add one account per pseudonym. What Harry meant is that a person may have several bank accounts. And they might forget which particular bank account they linked with Alamy.

Edited by Steve F
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steve F said:

They add one account per pseudonym. What Harry meant is that a person may have several bank accounts. Add they might forget which particular bank account they linked with Alamy.

Thanks, that potential for confusion hadn't occurred to me.

• Like 1