Downloading my own images

Ed_Downunder

Question

Is it possible to download my own images

I lost all my jpeg images that I had previously uploaded to Alamy - exclusive.

I would like to be better organised. I am now using Alamy Lightroom Bridge plugin and would like to include my existing Alamy portfolio.

All suggestions will be gratefully received. 

4 answers to this question

Ask member services. One or two might be a favour, but if it's all of them they will charge for the privilege.

Shoot RAW and backup everything twice on external drives. I happen to keep copies of my exported jpegs but it's not really necessary as I could just export new replacements from LR. I don't think I've ever needed to refer to one, but it is a third backup of sorts.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Ask member services. One or two might be a favour, but if it's all of them they will charge for the privilege.

Shoot RAW and backup everything twice on external drives. I happen to keep copies of my exported jpegs but it's not really necessary as I could just export new replacements from LR. I don't think I've ever needed to refer to one, but it is a third backup of sorts.

Thank you for the reply. I have the raw files...  External backup is a good tip. Thank you

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

If you have the RAWs, you don't  need to pay for jpegs you can produce yourself as required.

Indeed. Also, if the RAWs were converted using Photoshop ACR then the sidecar xmp files (automatically created during raw conversion) will have remembered the RAW conversion settings/adjustments (NB. xmp files maybe hidden by default in Filemanager). Alternatively, if using Lightroom, then the catalogue will have hold the conversion settings.

Mark

• Love 1