Third party website for hosting archival images for Alamy consideration?

Can anyone help or have suggestions for this? I have images taken with a FInepix 9600 which I would like to upload through the Archival route. I do not have my own website.

I'm not attempting to upload naff imagery or bypass QC as I have contacted MS services previously and on their suggestion placed the images on Flikr for consideration. Problem is the Flikr link is not accepted as a valid website when entered. Tried the normal copy/paste link to the images and also the 'guest pass' route which failed.

Grateful for any suggestions.

K.

I don't know, Ann. Flikr was suggested as an alternative to one's own website, when I originally contacted MS. After selecting and optimising the photo's and uploading them to Flikr it left me feeling a bit puzzled and disapointed when the link wasn't accepted. I did try the Alamy chat route but found that it was not set up to handle my type of problem and was pointed at MS.

Fired off another e-mail to them and got the automated reply. I could have waited till Monday, but it did include the, 'Ask the Forum' for a possible answer, so I have done so, knowing that if any of the more knowledgable and vastly experienced members have experienced the same or similar, they could aid me in my attempt to access the Archival route.

Thank you for your welcome suggestion,

K.

Kristen, if all else fails - which I don't expect will be the case - consider messaging your question to a forum member who has such archival images in port.

all the best - Ann

Why should the Fuji 9600 be failed? I've got plenty of work on Alamy from this and its predecessors - back even when the requirement was upsizing to 48MB. It's a very high quality raw-capable camera with a 9 megapixel sensor of an advanced type, and one of the best lenses around for that type of camera. Now that the requirement is only 24MB file size, the 9600 is over that size and it's hard to understand why they would turn 'against' a camera with a proven record of QC acceptance in the past, when it was new.

Hi David,

When I first signed up to Alamy, I pored over the contributor guide and and slavishly followed it when I submitted my initial images. I noted which camera's were classed as suitable and those that weren't. (Any suggestions to have someone who read the guide, understood it, and didn't swamp the forum with questions that are answered within it, to be stuffed and mounted as an example to other newbies will be strenously opposed). 

I was disapointed to find the Fuji 9600 was regarded as unsuitable. I read the reasons why Alamy did not want submissions from all the camera's on that list and like a good little newbie followed that rule. I didn't want to go the sneaky route and mix images from different camera's because I wanted to build up trust between myself and Alamy and become a member who they valued and that Alamy were happy with the work submitted to them by me

I'm cheered by your comments on what I thought was an excellent camera, once I had learned how to get the best out of it, and that you have accepted images from it on Alamy. If I cannot place my images through the Archival route, I will contact MS and warn them that I will be uploading images from it to see if they will pass normal QC.

Thank you, David.

Archived