Assigning categories under Optional

NickOs

Question

Hi there, Alamy has a category Flowers, Plants and Gardens that is searchable for customers. However, this category doesn't exist when I'm adding the Optional information to my submitted images. Any idea why not? And which of the categories available should I add plant pictures to? Thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

13 hours ago, NickOs said:

Hi there, Alamy has a category Flowers, Plants and Gardens that is searchable for customers. However, this category doesn't exist when I'm adding the Optional information to my submitted images. Any idea why not? And which of the categories available should I add plant pictures to? Thanks in advance

There is actually a Plants and Gardens category.

48 minutes ago, NickOs said:

So there is. I just needed to scroll down the list of options... doh!

However it's not related to the "Flowers, plants and gardens" category that you see on the home page and will not help your images appear in that search. That is simply a mildly curated search for "flowers or garden or plants or gardening" with a modified sort order and uses captions, keywords & supertags as normal.

Edited by Harry Harrison