Nikon J1

Dear all,

I currently use either a Nikon 2dx and nikon D3000 camera bodys for Alamy.

Does anyone use or have any thoughts about the Nikon J1 please ?

I have one but wondered if a anyone else uses in for Alamy.

If yes have you ever had any problems passing QC ?
(btw, This camera is on the approved list)

Many thanks
Adrian

David,

Thankyou for your reply.

I bought it with the 10mm - 28 mm lens.

I just wanted a simple lightweight camera I could take anywhere. ( that was on the approved list)

Sadly I loaded up 3 images that failed. First fail for about 18 months :-( too soft but I can see that now.

Have just uploaded a few more which look a lot better this time.

Was curious to see how others fared.

I think I posted with more detail elsewhere about my experience with the Nikon V1.

Used with the FT-1 and my Nikkor lenses and they give nice sharp images. 3 submitted and all passed. I have the 10-30mm kit lens but would only use that for walkabout/personal snapshots and not anything I was expecting to take stock with. The 50mm f1.4G makes a cracking 135mm effective lens in a small package.

Thanks Mike.

I have just uploaded a batch taken with the J1.

All walkabout 'sign ' type photos.

All have passed qc so my confidence is restored.

I don't plan to use this camera (fitted with 10mm 2.8 lens) a lot but have always wanted to have a small (and not expensive £200) camera with me at all times. Inbetween my other job I don't like leaving 3 g's worth of camera gear and lenses in the car . So the J1 seems to fit my needs.

Cheers

Adrian

All good then. It certainly is a good little package, although I have to say the AW1 (when it gets superseded and price drops as the V did) might be a replacement for it for that extra ability to withstand the weather and get underwater...

A bargain as you say for £200 for what you get.

Archived