Download an image you have for sale

kensplace

Question

Quick question, I need to download a handful of images I uploaded to alamy for sale, they are of my dog, which passed away in april, is there a way to download the original from alamy,
I know I will have the original somewhere, but I really cant find it anywhere yet?

Surely I dont have to purchase my own photograph?

cheers

ken

5 answers to this question

Alamy is a picture library, not a storage service. They've charged a fee for this in the past. But they might help you on compassionate grounds.

Of course you could just buy the cheapest PU licence and then do what you like with the image as it's yours!

You ought to be able to find an image from just seven years ago- I have everything back to 1977!

Edited by spacecadet
  • Dislike 1

Sorry about your dog, an especially tough time to lose a pet. If you really can't find it, and you should make a good-faith effort to look first, but if you can't find the photos, you can write to contributor relations and ask them as a favor to let you download them. I had a backup hard drive die on me and a particularly special image was nowhere else to be found and Alamy was good enough to let me download it when I explained the situation a few years ago, a favor I much appreciated. 

• Love 1

thanks all, i will try to look further , I suspect the photo may be on a drive i have yet to find..  I know i have lost a few thousand images somewhere, but I really only care about one mainly

really cant see why alamy does not allow people to download though, no one is going to use this on purpose as a storage site considering the hoops you have to jump through to get photos accepted.

As for space cadet, grow up.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, kensplace said:

grow up.

Don't be like that. Just passing on in terms what has been said in the past in these circumstances- surely you don't think you're the first person to ask this question.

IMO winding up experienced contributors you don't know doesn't help much- you might need their help again someday.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1