Annapurna Sanctuary (Annapurna Base Camp), Nepal Himalaya Mountains

I spent December 2019 trekking Annapurna Range in Nepal Himalaya Mountains.  Dec 16 - Dec 25 was spent on iconic Annapurna Sanctuary trail, one of most famous treks in the world.  I have now written extensive diary,  with tons of photos.    Alamy is photography forum, but there are probably travelers that might appreciate info or help them plan their own journey (once pandemic is over):

https://autumnsky.zenfolio.com/nepal/annapurna-sanctuary--base-camp-

Bottom part of the page has links to day-to-day account of the journey.  Here is brief photo teaser, uploaded to Alamy:

scenic-early-morning-landscape-view-of-s

Annapurna South (7219m) right, Annapurna I (8091m, world 10th highest mountain) left from Poon Hill on Day 3

machapuchare-machhapuchchhre-or-machhapu

Clouds briefly lifting allowing these fabulous views of Mt. Machhapuchhre (Fish Tail, 6993m) near Annapurna Base Camp on Day 6.   This unclimbed peak is off limits as locals hold belief it is residence of Lord Shiva and Nepalese government will not issue permits (There are rumors of crazy Kiwi climber summiting without permit, but this is unconfirmed)

wide-panoramic-landscape-view-high-mount

Panoramic stitch on moraine ridge above Annapurna Base Camp on Day 7 and as far as I got.  Elevation here is ~4300m.  On left you can see Annapurna South (7219m), left of center is Annapurna I, world 10th highest peak (8091m) and far right in the distance is magnificent Mt. Ganggapurna (7454m).  

I have also written fairly extensive Nepal trekking guide, available here with plenty of photos as well. Hope someone finds it useful.   Cheers!

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I've spent a long time in India (long ago!) but for one reason or another sadly never made it to Nepal.

It remains a dream to hike at least one of the treks, but sadly, can not see it ever happening now - but one can dream and your guides are v useful.

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

Thanks! I've spent a long time in India (long ago!) but for one reason or another sadly never made it to Nepal.

It remains a dream to hike at least one of the treks, but sadly, can not see it ever happening now - but one can dream and your guides are v useful.

Thank you!

Re "not happening now" -- it might not be so bad.  Pandemic has put hold on my plans too (Patagonia to be specific) but nothing lasts forever.   Lives will return to normal once there is vaccine, and they are talking mass availability next year.

Nepal people are wonderful, cheerful and friendly.  I trek a lot and have rarely felt so safe anywhere.   It is poor country that depends heavily on tourism, which has now been shut.  March/April is busy climbing season but this year nobody could come.   It must hurt micro-economies in these villages a lot, and my thoughts are with them.   Stay strong and we will be back soon to enjoy beautiful Himalayas.

Edited by Autumn Sky