Image Tags

TheColorBug

Question

So all of my photos are currently on sale, but most of them have low discoverability. I've been trying to tag them with anything and everything that is (or could be) relevant to what's captured or represented in the image and then I run out of ideas. Are there any sources you all have to find ideas for tags that fit your content but that you wouldn't have otherwise thought of? I've tried searching for images similar to mine on Flickr and looking at the tags they've used but most of my finds are duds.

1 answer to this question

14 hours ago, TheColorBug said:

So all of my photos are currently on sale, but most of them have low discoverability. I've been trying to tag them with anything and everything that is (or could be) relevant to what's captured or represented in the image and then I run out of ideas. Are there any sources you all have to find ideas for tags that fit your content but that you wouldn't have otherwise thought of? I've tried searching for images similar to mine on Flickr and looking at the tags they've used but most of my finds are duds.

rule number 1: forget about the discoverability index. it's irrelevant to the success of your image.

rule number 2:  just tag with what is relevant.

rule number 3: understand what raises image profile.  Current assumed knowledge is Description has more weight, than Supertag, than Tag.