Has anyone used the Cambo PCH Gearhead?

Sorry I have no experience with Cambo PCH gearhead but that won't stop me from sharing my opinion... 🤣

If you are looking for a specialized geared head for architecture work I can highly recommend the Arca-Swiss C1 Cube Geared Head with the Arca-Type Flip-Lock Quick Release.

Down side is it does not do verticals very easily,  you need and L-plate for your camera for easy verticals, it is slow but VERY precise. Another plus is it is very compact, probably not the best do it all geared head but for getting the camera level and plum it's the best... IMHO

Hope this helps,

19 hours ago, dlmphotog said:

Sorry I have no experience with Cambo PCH gearhead but that won't stop me from sharing my opinion... 🤣

If you are looking for a specialized geared head for architecture work I can highly recommend the Arca-Swiss C1 Cube Geared Head with the Arca-Type Flip-Lock Quick Release.

Down side is it does not do verticals very easily,  you need and L-plate for your camera for easy verticals, it is slow but VERY precise. Another plus is it is very compact, probably not the best do it all geared head but for getting the camera level and plum it's the best... IMHO

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the recommendation. I've looked at it, but I find the price a little too steep, particularly for the version with geared panning. The Cambo head is also expensive, but not quite as much.

Thomas,

Gambo makes solid kit, I used their old gear head back in the day with a 4x5, it worked well and was rock solid.

The PCH looks very interesting. What camera are you using it for? Medium format?

Please lets us know what you think about if you get it.

1 hour ago, dlmphotog said:

Thomas,

Gambo makes solid kit, I used their old gear head back in the day with a 4x5, it worked well and was rock solid.

The PCH looks very interesting. What camera are you using it for? Medium format?

Please lets us know what you think about if you get it.

I use a Canon 5D Mark IV, currently with a Manfrotto 410 geared head, but I'm not completely satisfied with the Manfrotto, it's heavy and sort of clunky and the knobs aren't very smooth. As I'm in Denmark, one of the advantages of the Cambo is that there's a Danish distributor, which isn't the case with Arca Swiss.

Archived