nicked photos

Cheese Scientist

Question

I've found a website that have used my images from Alamy but they have not paid (I assume just as a screen grab).

What steps should I take?

Sorry, not sure where to look if there's a recommended course of action for this type of thing (which I assume happens a lot?)

4 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, Cheese Scientist said:

I've found a website that have used my images from Alamy but they have not paid (I assume just as a screen grab).

What steps should I take?

Sorry, not sure where to look if there's a recommended course of action for this type of thing (which I assume happens a lot?)

Use "Report an unauthorised use" on your dashboard.

Alamy will then tell you whether you should go ahead yourself or they will pursue the infringement.

Niels

Edited by Niels Quist
  • Love 1

Just in case anyone's interested, the photos used were separately on a YouTube channel and a fan website. I contacted them directly and they both took them down immediately.

Neither of them apologised or offered to purchase the image. 

:-/

1 hour ago, Cheese Scientist said:

Just in case anyone's interested, the photos used were separately on a YouTube channel and a fan website. I contacted them directly and they both took them down immediately.

Neither of them apologised or offered to purchase the image. 

😕

Much work, no money.

If you had contacted Alamy you would have known whether there was a sale coming up or if they would pursue - and, if not, you could have sent an invoice of three times the normal fee and stating that if not paid you would pursue with some sort of small claims procedure or otherwise. This is specific to different countries, but I know that British Alamy contributors are very good at this. I am sure you will get more advice on this in the next hours.

Niels

Edited by Niels Quist
  • Love 1