Is it just that I haven't noticed this before......

I did a search in my AIM and found an image that shouldn't have come up with the others. Of course I must have accidentally given it the wrong caption by not deselecting it at some time.

So, I select that one image and change the caption, and 'Save' of course. Trouble is the caption under the image doesn't change on screen and that image still comes up incorrectly in my search - but the   caption has changed in the 'mandatory' panel.

Now I know of course that the main website takes up to 24 hours to index and make public your editing changes but I thought AIM editing was instant. I'm on Chrome in case it matters but same happened on Firefox.

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Editing appears instant, but only in the right-hand panel. Search in AIM uses the main search engine, so you still have to wait for the update. The changes will happen.

Thanks, never realised that.

Just now, Harry Harrison said:

Thanks, never realised that.

Yes, it's thrown me a couple of times- you mouseover an image you've just recaptioned and the pop-up is still the same. But all will be well. Patience, grasshopper.

20 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

Yes, and it's difficult to make much progress because you lose track of what you've fixed. Ah well.

Maybe just do a sub, or bunch of submissions, at a time and tick them off. You could always put "fixed" or whatever in the sub name temporarily.

Archived