General search from AIM

spacecadet

I don't know if we're supposed to be able to do this, but if you put a hash after the search term in AIM, you get results from the entire collection, including your own. Just the image and reference, not tags, of course. I mistyped and thought it was a mistake at first.

57 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

if you put a hash after the search term in AIM, you get results from the entire collection

Interesting, probably not intentional though. In fact I think there is something else going on because I noticed that the same images are repeated when using that method. Not similars, the same image ids appearing at regular intervals down the page of results in AIM. Thankfully you're not able to caption them as well!

33 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Interesting, probably not intentional though. In fact I think there is something else going on because I noticed that the same images are repeated when using that method. Not similars, the same image ids appearing at regular intervals down the page of results in AIM. Thankfully you're not able to caption them as well!

Yes, it looks like a small subset of images(maybe 100 or so?) repeating. Odd.

It might be worth trying a few other characters. If I have nothing better to do.

Come to think of it' I'm sure I've clipped the hash key before, in error for "enter", and this hasn't happened. Maybe it'll go away again.

28 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Glad it's just a subset as I was on the verge of being disappointed that I didn't see any of mine in there. The mysteries of the algorithm.

A set of mine for  a subject that isn't well covered on Alamy is there.

Archived