Press IPTC and Android 8.0

23 hours ago, Tony Collins said:

Press IPTC looks like a useful tool but I can't get it to run on my new phone running Android 8.0 It doesn't "see" any pictures and looks like it is asking me to give a file location. It works fine on my old phone :-(

Have you granted it permissions in application manager?

jh

7 hours ago, Tony Collins said:

Yes I let it have its evil way with all functions, I've deleted and reloaded a few times too. Has anyone found an alternative suitable for live news captioning for Alamy?

That's really bad news if it's stopped working. You could try Mophotos, that I know some on here use but as far as I know, that's also a bit of a ghost app so it's days may also be numbered.

JH

Someone with better phone skills than me might find a workaround. I tried delving into the internal files but Android doesn't let you get very deep. It's like the app is looking for a specific file where images are stored but cant find it. Press IPTC is offered as an option for viewing a file but no editing function.

9 hours ago, Tony Collins said:

Yes I let it have its evil way with all functions, I've deleted and reloaded a few times too. Has anyone found an alternative suitable for live news captioning for Alamy?

I use Fast photo tagger, was last updated in Dec i think.  Has none of the extras of Press IPTC but does all the basics needed for Alamy

Archived