Identifying which images you have curated into a gallery

Sheila Child

Still fairly new to all of this but am enjoying finding my way around the system.  I have created galleries and have curated them from All Images which tell me which are already in that gallery.  However, when you are just in All Images there is no clue as to which gallery you have placed each of the images.  Would it be possible when you select curate gallery in All Images for each image to be identified as to which gallery it has been sent to?  I would find that really good because it would then quickly identify those which are not in a gallery and need to be added, as well as those which may have been put into a wrong gallery by mistake.  That would also solve the problem I am still having in that recent images are placed randomly within the All Images section and most certainly, not on the first page.

Thanks

Sheila

1 hour ago, Sheila Child said:

Still fairly new to all of this but am enjoying finding my way around the system.  I have created galleries and have curated them from All Images which tell me which are already in that gallery.  However, when you are just in All Images there is no clue as to which gallery you have placed each of the images.  Would it be possible when you select curate gallery in All Images for each image to be identified as to which gallery it has been sent to?  I would find that really good because it would then quickly identify those which are not in a gallery and need to be added, as well as those which may have been put into a wrong gallery by mistake.  That would also solve the problem I am still having in that recent images are placed randomly within the All Images section and most certainly, not on the first page.

Thanks

Sheila

You could add a specific keyword or combination of keywords or even a code.

wim

• 1 year later...
On 25/01/2019 at 11:25, Sheila Child said:

Thanks

Sheila

Sheila, can you please tell me how you create a gallery or add photos to a gallery. I once made one but looking all day how to add photos to it or make new gallery in portfolio.

21 hours ago, chris willemsen said:

Sheila, can you please tell me how you create a gallery or add photos to a gallery. I once made one but looking all day how to add photos to it or make new gallery in portfolio.

Hi Chris,

Sorry, I'm not Sheila nor a Sheila 😁,

The popup help text on your portfolio page says this:

Contributor Portfolio

Introduction:

You can now curate and share your Alamy image collection through your portfolio page. Your portfolio page will display your images and you can personalise it by adding a bio, profile photo and cover image.

How to share your portfolio:

You can share a link to your portfolio page by clicking on 'Share this portfolio' underneath your bio. The first time you share this you can personalise your URL, but once you've chosen your personalisation and shared the link you won't be able to change this again.

How to curate your first page:

Your first page will automatically be displayed with your most recent uploads at the top, but you can curate this.

You can move images around by using the 'drag and drop' feature and can move images to the top of the page by clicking 'move to top'. You'll find both features by hovering over the images with your mouse.

How to create galleries:

You can create a new gallery by clicking the '+' tab next to 'All Images'. To add images simply select 'curate gallery' which will bring up all images in your collection which you can search through and add by clicking 'add to gallery'.

Once you've added images to a gallery you can curate them how you would your first page.

How to share galleries:

Once you're in a gallery you can share a link to this by clicking on the 3 horizontal lines to the right of the gallery title and selecting 'share' from the dropdown menu.

This popup text is located under the button Get help setting up your page at the top of your portfolio page in edit mode. You have to be logged in and you can reach it from your dashboard page.

wim

On 21/10/2020 at 17:42, chris willemsen said:

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay in my replying to you.  No idea why I missed your post but Wim seems to have given you some good advice.  If you still need help with this I will try to assist.  The instructions Wim gave you are the same as those I followed but I will admit that the Alamy portfolio function is not the most intuitive, or easiest to use platform.

Sheila

• Love 1