I am finding that, recently, if I am using my laptop in AIM, and I use a 2 finger scroll on my touchpad to scroll a page up or down, then when I stop scrolling the pointer immediately turns into a drag selection.  Pressing Esc does not release it and I have to click in a space between images to release it and get back to a non-dragging pointer.  The consequence of this is usually an unintended selection of images which have been thus accidentally dragged over, which accordingly have to be deselected before I can do anything else.  This is a very irritating waste of time. 

I have adjusted the sensitivity of my Synaptics touchpad, but this makes difference.  I am using Windows 10 and IE 11.

Has anyone else experienced this unwanted behaviour?  It always used to be the case that if I stopped scrolling, the cursor was released in the usual way and there was no unintended dragging/selection.  This seems to be a recent change.  I have not experienced it with any other application, Internet based or otherwise, so I think it is an Alamy issue as far as I can tell.

Another thing I am finding annoying is the message that pops up every time you hit the Save button in AIM.  It simply gets in the way and the message seems to me to be quite unnecessary (that changes may take up to 48 hours to appear - there is nothing you can do about it anyway, so why keep telling us?).  In any event it does not bear repeating every single time the Save button is clicked.  Do we really need this as a pop-up at all?  If someone at Alamy really does think we do, could they not at least automatically disable it once it has displayed once, or (even better) provide a "do not show this message ever again" option?

Graham

Archived