Add Filename to appear at bottom of image ? Photoshop

1 hour ago, John Walker said:

Photoshop

Can any of you knowledgeable members suggest a way (layman simple terms) of batch adding the file name to an image. (not for uploading to Alamy of course - just for my own records :)  )

Cheers

John

I assume you mean your own file reference. I use PhotoMechanic for all my metadata and adding my filename to caption or keyword is a doddle. I use PM to build my Headline (dateline) and first line of caption automatically, originally for Live News submissions but I use it for all my images now.

I don't think that Bridge, LR or PS has the same {variable} ability as PM. PM has a variable called {filename} - just put it where you want it in the metadata! I reckon PM has been the best investment I ever made for stock and news photography; by a long way. PM has a lot of other capabilities that simpliify captioning and keywording, especially if you have repetitive events (like sports teams with squad numbers). It is one piece of software that I could not imagine doing without. Includes FTP uploading of selected images with resizing to optimum news format (see the other thread!)

Thanks Martin and Lawrenson

This scripting works and adds the image file name to the image but doesn't offer the option of where it's placed or the text colour. 

I presume some editing of the script will be required but I'm not sure I'm up to that.

Will experiment further tomorrow.

John

Archived