Help with correct sizing

Hi there!  I am brand new to Alamy and am having a hard time getting my pictures to the correct size.  Do I need photoshop?  I have a sony camera A5000 that seems to take great pics but I am getting the error message that my images are too small during my test submission.  I can increase the size by converting the jpeg to a tiff but it doesn't look like Alamy takes that format.  I am a complete novice at this so if anyone can point me in the right direction.    Thank you in advance for your time!   Lisa

The A5000's sensor is 20MP. Either you have selected a smaller image size in the camera menu or you are inadvertently downsizing during processing.

Converting to tiff only increases the file size, which is irrelevant. It's the image size which matters.

If these terms mean nothing to you, you still have some homework to do.

Have a look at your image files in Windows Explorer. Right-click an image and select Properties. In the Properties window, select the Details tab. Among that information you will see the image dimensions (width and height). With your camera it ought to be around 5456 x 3632. If it is significantly less than that it is likely, as Spacecadet suggests, that a camera menu setting needs changing: probably Menu-->Camera settings-->Image size. Chose the largest 3:2 setting.

It would also be worth your while to spend an hour or two reading this forum and digesting the questions other new contributors have asked. It may well make the difference between success and failure in your submissions.  Have fun.

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:41, Joseph Clemson said:

Have a look at your image files in Windows Explorer. Right-click an image and select Properties. In the Properties window, select the Details tab. Among that information you will see the image dimensions (width and height). With your camera it ought to be around 5456 x 3632. If it is significantly less than that it is likely, as Spacecadet suggests, that a camera menu setting needs changing: probably Menu-->Camera settings-->Image size. Chose the largest 3:2 setting.

It would also be worth your while to spend an hour or two reading this forum and digesting the questions other new contributors have asked. It may well make the difference between success and failure in your submissions.  Have fun.

Hit the nail on the head, Have fun, got to enjoy it first and foremost :-)

Archived