Vector files

Southmind

7 minutes ago, Southmind said:

Any chance that Alamy accept .SVG files format for uploaded Vectors ? I know EPS is standard but... :wacko:

From Alamy guidelines:

Save your vector graphics as .EPS (sorry, we can’t accept files saved as: .AI, .SVG or .DRW)

Jill

22 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

From Alamy guidelines:

Save your vector graphics as .EPS (sorry, we can’t accept files saved as: .AI, .SVG or .DRW)

Jill

Thanks Jill. I wanted to know if there was hope in the future ... 

3 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

I personally know nothing about vectors, but I did a quick Google for conversion software between the formats mentioned, and there are some options. Would that work for you or are there reasons the conversion wouldn't be sufficient?

Geoff.

Yes alas. There are problems with transparency , and some text issues too. Finally, every time I tried a conversion, my vectors were refused for technical pb. So now , I just convert my vectors to large jpg images and they are accepted as illustration.  I don't want to buy Illustrator to make illustrations !

1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

Arrr I see. So you lose the transparency layer, much like when converting PNG files that have transparency to JPG files, right? I've had that problem myself in the past.

Geoff.

Yes but it's worse with vectors because you use transparencies and opacity to compose images. In jpg the transparencies are replaced by the background. It is a pity for SVG files because any browser can open this format.

Archived