Welcome to the Alamy Contributor Forum. Log-in using your existing Alamy account details. If you're not registered yet then you need to create an Alamy Contributor account to be able to post here. Once registered, you'll be able to choose a forum display name and there will be a link to your images on Alamy within your profile. Please have a read of the rules and announcements before posting. Your first post will be moderated before appearing. Welcome to our photographer community!

Photo
- - - - -

What poor - discoverability means?

#poordiscoverability #uploads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anetesooda

anetesooda

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:41 AM

Hi.
I have images on for sale that are under category "poor discoverabilty". What does that mean and how I can make sure they fall under a good discoverability? Thank you

#2 spacecadet

spacecadet

Part of the forum furniture

• Verified
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,074 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

Try a search on the forum. The consensus is that it doesn't matter if you keyword well and that Alamy though it was a good idea at the time, but it wasn't.

Two-thirds of mine are orange and I'm doing precisely nothing about it. Nor is anyone else AFAIK.

Mark Dunn

#3 Kat

Kat

Forum newbie

• Verified
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUK & Germany

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:48 AM

It looks as though you have not added any keywords/ tags and all pictures have the same caption. You need to add more info to your pictures. 

#4 GS-Images

GS-Images

Forum regular

• Verified
  • PipPip
  • 1,826 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

Hi.
I have images on for sale that are under category "poor discoverabilty". What does that mean and how I can make sure they fall under a good discoverability? Thank you

The forums are full of information about this, so have a read and see what the general opinions are on discoverability.

You need to put more details in your captions and add relevant tags, and also take care on your image processing. There are 100 million images on Alamy and you are in competition with experienced professional photographers.

Geoff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users