I've been waiting a couple of weeks for a QC decision so looks like a fail :( - really annoying because its the second one in just over 2 months and I was on target to have my entire archive submitted by now having increased my Alamy portfiolio size more than ten-fold over the past year having finally (well so I thought) fully got to grips with the QC criteria!

Anyway on to the point of my post, I've been looking at the Alamy statistics and considering using (what would have been) my Alamy time over the next couple of weeks to take some less relevant keywords out of the images I have on Alamy. In the past I've tried to get as many keywords as possible into an image including everything that appears in it but I'm wondering if cutting right down to very specific keywords someone might use to search for an image. For example Ive seen some of the top images in search results with as little as 3-4 very specific keywords.

I'm also wondering if on Alamy it would only be necessary to cut down only the essential keywords (for example I don't think ) or should I also cull the comprehensive and/or main keywords where I consider its appropriate.

I believe that one needs to cover the terms that have been used in previous searches including spelling differences. Certain subjects lend themselves to a brief precise description while others are more vague requiring more variables. One needs to look out for ambiguous terms to avoid being caught up in irrelevant searches. I have definitely improved my CTR by periodic reviews of my keywording (although that may be that I don't do a good enough job the first time round). IMO there is only a point in refering to an item in a pic if a buyer would buy the pic for that content.

dov

Archived