No sale!!

Tim Ayers

1 hour ago, andremichel said:

I am asking so I can better appreciate what you are advising. Are you unable to illustrate what you say with one or two of your own images?

I am not challenging anything of the sort. 

Honestly, I think if you look at his images you will see plenty of them on the first page.

Paulette

9 hours ago, andremichel said:

I am asking so I can better appreciate what you are advising. Are you unable to illustrate what you say with one or two of your own images?

I am not challenging anything of the sort. 

It is certainly not my intention to attract attention to my humble images.

I suggest a better way to appreciate what I am saying is to look up G's Creative Guides / Visual Trends. John Lund's blog is a fun read.

GI

11 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I mean I do understand it in theory but don't often see it being practiced by those who suggest it. Hiring models and locations and make-up artists and all that just seems like something for the top 0.01% of stock photographers.

Ian,

I certainly understand the desire to evaluate the validity of a message by looking at who the messenger is.

I could point you to an image that sells 4 times a month for two years now (not microstock). No models, locations or make-up artists. I hope you'd understand why I won't.

As to the message. I myself struggled initially with the concept of what is a high-production-value image. Even now I could not explain it in few sentences. Maybe I try some other time. The key is that the image should *look* expensive to produce (light, style, subject matter, access, etc). It is the difficult but doable to learn how to achieve that *look* without the actual expense.

GI

Archived