Well, I reckon I must have had a bad copy from what I have read here. I was somewhat surprised that a mark 2 version could be worse than a mark 1.

It has been interesting reading the various experiences in this thread, and thanks to all for carrying it on. I don't think I will revisit the camera, at least not for a while anyway. But best of luck to all of you who are fortunate enough to find good copy's of what should be a great little camera.

And to Sony I would say, maybe you need to look at your QC!

Betty RX1 or RX100?

I had the RX1 and photo quality(when in focus) was amazing!

Linda, the RX100, I'm sorry!  That's what I have and it is an amazing little camera.  

And I was actually teasing about the camera shake.  It was the fault of the camera. The images looked smeared, like  watercolors.  The bright whites of the boats smeared into the blue of the water.  Kind of like a glow. It is the only time I saw that effect, it must've been caused by the unusual lighting effects.  It affected detail because it wasn't just the edges of the boats, but all parts of them. Metal rails and all.  Didn't look like the camera shake I have had in the past.

I don't know anything much about what goes on in the guts of a camera, so I can't address it.  David could probably say exactly what it was, LOL!  I would venture to say maybe it was all that bright white being lit up by the sun in an otherwise dark surround. How the light reacted on the sensor?  Beats me....

Archived