Shoot the messenger

I recently found one of my photos on a foreign magazine website - multiple monthly uses. Seeing that the image only sold once and the usage was for placement in print media, thinking this might be a second separate sale, I reported this to member services who thanked me and investigated. So what was the outcome? They refunded my original sale and re-posted it with a new usage description at a lower sales price, gee thanks for the kick in the ass Alamy.

This was a distributor sale, the difference a few bucks. You would think that since the error was the distributor's fault, they would bear the consequences, or as a courtesy to me for reporting it, perhaps Alamy would man-up and let me have my due, but no. Stay classy Alamy.

I'm still waiting for payment for an image used at the end of December 2012. I'm not bothered about the payment as it was an online usage so probably worth just pennies.  It's the principle that makes me angry, especially as I have reported this usage to MS twice and they have done sweet FA about it.  Yup.  Classy outfit.

Archived