Optimised!

spacecadet

Allan, I do wish they'd do something. Corin from CR has been prompt in letting me know that they've have asked the contributor to remove the irrelevant tag, but so far without success obviously. The image still has my name as I write this. I'll be sending yet another email to CR!

It's odd that Alamy don't simply edit the tags themselves to remove your name. They have the ability to, so surely it would be a quick and easy thing to do, then send the contributor a warning of some sort?

Geoff.

One of the emails from CR tells me they can't simply remove the tag , here's what they said "We cannot make any changes to an image without permission from the contributor". Also this from another email " We feel sharing and utilising others tags is now commonplace".  The image still has my name in the tags.....seems that the contributor is ignoring the requests from CR to remove it.

Incredible! Another slap in the face for those who are working their butt off. 

The solution concerning those keyword parasites is simple though: make tags visible for REGISTERED CUSTOMERS only. 

Cheers,

Philippe

I agree Philippe, I'm getting heartily sick of CR being unable to do anything. Having tags swiped is one thing.....but having my name taken is really disgusting! One of my posts regarding this was removed recently, I wonder if this one will be next?

Sent you a private mail. Found out who the lazy nitwit is. Mailed you his Facebook page. Just had to Google the name he uses here.

Cheers,

Philippe

Many thanks Philippe, have sent you PM. Appreciate your help.

No red arrows from me Geoff, dross indeed and second image when I do a search for my images by my name.

So, a Facebook approach has not worked with the contributor and my name is still being used as a tag in his image. I've sent yet another email to CR as I'm getting a bit more than cross!

Latest email from CR Shelley is advising they will give the contributor another warning. But this time....if he hasn't removed the tag by 12 April....then Alamy will remove it. I will post an update next week!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, the other contributors image is not showing in a search for my images by name although it was still showing 3 days ago. A check of the image shows that Alamy have kept their word and removed my name from the other contributors tags. It shouldn't have taken this long, but thanks Alamy for finally getting it right.

Archived