Hello All:

I would like to fully understand what re-rank is, when does it occur, how to know when it has occured, what affects it (e.g. CTR), and everything else that one would like to add.

I am asking because I have many images of a particular topic, and when I do a keyword search of that topic, it seems that the order of images has not changed for months. I would think that changes would periodically occur, but I don't see any, even with a different browser, on a different computer, resetting my browser, etc.

So, any intelligent information is welcome!

Thank You. Patrick.

While Alamy claim that they are "tweaking" the search engine and letting it "bed in" (whatever that means), I too have seen no change in search position for the last few months.

Alamy have a lot of work to do in fixing the search engine, but there is no evidence they are doing anything at the moment.

If things settle down, there may be a re-rank of pseudonyms (ostensibly every 100 days, but that's gone by the wayside).  Like the search engine itself, ranking is a secret sauce only Alamy knows about.  The more zooms (CTR) and sales images in a pseudo receive, the higher the rank.  This would make sense, but what actually applies at the moment, I'm not sure.

Archived