How do you find my portofolio?

I'm new to stock but not photography, so here is my opinion. they look a little over exposed for my liking, and the specular highlights on the peppers is distracting. they look like they need a lot softer light source! 

What is my market?  Who is likely to buy my photos?  How are my photos going to stand out among the many similars?  These are the questions you need to ask.  

Technical competence is a given at this level so sales come down to what can you produce that buyers will want to buy.  Bear in mind that Alamy is both editorial and commercial.  The images might illustrate books, articles, newspapers.  They're also used for calendars, point of sale. marketing, advertising.  The list goes on.  Before you submit a photo ask yourself who might buy this.  If you can't think of an answer, should you be submitting it? 

At the moment you don't have a portfolio.  You have a few images that demonstrate competence.  Build on that.  Explore areas where Alamy is poorly represented and you can fill the gaps.  Use whatever access and ability you have that are unique to you and build a portfolio to be proud of.  

Then the sales will come.  Always providing you upload lots of images, covering multiple subjects, all of which are needed by buyers.  It's a hard world out there.

Archived