Are news images pushed to the end of the line?

I had a search and zoom for the Toronto Blue Jays (baseball team for those that don't follow) and there were around 11,000 images.  My 20 were in the first two pages.  The first few pages are generic images for the Blue Jays, the stadium, vendors, fans, etc. None of them news.  But as I got into the pages all the news images seemed to get pushed to the end of the image selection.

Anybody else notice this?  

Jill

I had a search and zoom for the Toronto Blue Jays (baseball team for those that don't follow) and there were around 11,000 images.  My 20 were in the first two pages.  The first few pages are generic images for the Blue Jays, the stadium, vendors, fans, etc. None of them news.  But as I got into the pages all the news images seemed to get pushed to the end of the image selection.

Anybody else notice this?  

Jill

I haven't noticed it but it does make sense. Sometimes news images can be very specific and maybe not what's needed for general stock. They can also be of 'bad news' stories so for less of what a client is looking for in general stock.

There were some great soft news images that I found buried that maybe would have been better to simply upload as straight stock since the news stuff gets pushed back.  I will have to remember that myself when choosing images to send to live news.  

Jill

I dont think its that images that you have provided to the news feed specifically get pushed back as such.

Its more a question of managing your images and pseudo's to make sure they dont get weighed down with certain subject matters after they have passed from the news system... at least thats they way I do it... (not that that is necessarily the correct policy.)

In this case, pretty much seems to be the way it is.  Once all the non news images are shown, the rest of the pages are all news images, yet funnily enough, not in chronological order.  So I assume once they get to the news images, then they are in rank order.

Jill

Archived