Hi from a newbie in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

On the main search engine page, visitors have three options to filter images—new, creative or relevant. This appears to be set by default to 'creative'. Is that the case? Also, does anyone know what are the criteria for images to be selected as 'creative'? Is there anywhere on the Alamy site that mentions this?

I welcome any useful tips on getting work exposed.

Ron

When the Creative category was first created we could ask to have our images evaluated but that option does not seem to exist now. It can be kind of a mixed blessing. An image of mine that is the last one I would choose for that subject shows up first always and forever. The criteria has to do with whether the image is right for commercial use so some people who have a lot of editorial type images were pretty much locked out. Now it is only Alamy's choice about which images are Creative. Sales do seem to have an effect. So if you sell an image to a commercial client it would probably (but not necessarily) wind up designated as Creative. Not much help, I know. But it's all I know about it. It's a bit of a mystery.

Paulette

Archived