Why panoramas getting rejected or are recognised as uncompressed

At most cases while uploading panoramas stitched of multiple images they getting rejected by upload script with the reason file too large or uncompressed. I'm shooting 50Mpix camera and while creating panoramas they can come to the size excess of 50MB jpeg sometimes. My question would be: does picture damnation manner? I haven't got issues to upload large size single 3:4 picture were file size excess of 40MB but cannot at the same instance upload 1:2 panorama combined of three pictures with size below 40MB. Can someone explain to me what I have to do in order to avoid rejection?

The maximum uncompressed pixel size (not file size of JPEG  on disk) is 200MB. Anything greater than that is automatically rejected. Simply downsize your images below 200MB (as in the Image SIze dialog in Photoshop) and there is no problem.

The file size of the JPEG on disk is irrelevant. It's the pixel dimensions that are the important factor here. You are very likely to exceed the 200MB pixel dimensions with a two-image panorama from a 50MP camera. The pixel dimensions are approximately 3 X MP so will be about 150MB for a single image. Do you use Photoshop, Lightroom or some other program?

OK - it's not difficult but how you check the dimensions depends on the program you are using which is why I asked.

By the way, I was wondering what you meant by damnation and I've just realised that you meant dimension (size). Damnation has an entirely different meaning - it has a religious meaning and can be a mild swear word to some people (not me) but it has nothing to do with photography unless you drop your camera or yourself on a rock :)

Archived