Sharing Lightboxes on Social Networkds

I'd like to link to lightboxes on social media, particularly facebook, but it seems to be difficult to do so in an informative and attractive manner. I end up with a huge link full of many lines of numeric characters. When I send myself an email using "share," in order to obtain a shorter, less scary-looking link, and place that link on my facebook photography page, the link has no thumbnail to entice viewers, plus it contains a sentence promoting Alamy and its RF images, which I specifically do not want when advertising *my* editorial, RM images!

Has anyone found a better way to link to lightboxes on facebook?

In these cases I would use http://tinyurl.com/ - and you will get extremely short links, it works.....

No idea about the thumbnail, though. Perhaps you could make a thumbnail yourself and make it a clickable link..

PS - I just checked with one of my lightboxes. Sending the lightbox to your own e-mail address supplies you with an extremely short URL to a clean page of thumbnails and no other information attached.

"You social networkds attached people are so addicted that you cannot see other solutions than sheer share".... ;)

Archived