Interesting for Photographers

ManWay

Should be of interest to most lay readers, but it is fairy basic introduction for those the skilled in the art. There are a couple of minor inaccuracies, including may favorite pet peeve, photo of glasses and an eye chart: what's shown is physically impossible. That becomes very obvious to anyone who has a pair of glasses and a spare minute. :))

GI

• 3 weeks later...

I find any articles on the human eye interesting as I have a long - standing vested interest. With severe Keratoconus I have to endure more eye tests - and more eyeball prodding -  than most. Whenever I go to my optician or see the opthalmic consultant at the hospital and am asked to read the chart, we always laugh because they know my reply will be, "what chart"? I have had three operations so far and am waiting for the appropriate time to have a cornea transplant. Luckily my lifetime interest in optics - through photography - has given me some useful knowledge, so when my surgeon talks to me in technical language he knows I understand. I'm lucky to have been looked after by a wonderful optician for many years who monitors my eyes with care and the same consultant opthalmic surgeon does the operations and sees me personally for follow-ups. 

I find any articles on the human eye interesting as I have a long - standing vested interest. With severe Keratoconus I have to endure more eye tests - and more eyeball prodding -  than most. Whenever I go to my optician or see the opthalmic consultant at the hospital and am asked to read the chart, we always laugh because they know my reply will be, "what chart"? I have had three operations so far and am waiting for the appropriate time to have a cornea transplant. Luckily my lifetime interest in optics - through photography - has given me some useful knowledge, so when my surgeon talks to me in technical language he knows I understand. I'm lucky to have been looked after by a wonderful optician for many years who monitors my eyes with care and the same consultant opthalmic surgeon does the operations and sees me personally for follow-ups. 

If you have not already, talk to your surgeon about corneal cross-linking and the work that Avedra is doing. Could be better than a transplant even when it is done with a laser (ie IEK, etc).

GI

Archived