Reflections of Buildings

Hi,

I've only just had my first four images accepted and am in the process of uploading the next batch.  I was wondering what to do about a reflection of a building in ripply water. The reflection is the main subject of the photograph. Do I declare it as a building without a release or is it just a fairly abstract reflection? Is there a logical threshold for when you do and when you don't need to declare buildings? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick entirely? Thanks, 

Mike

I'd err on the side of caution, if its obvious that it is a particular building, declare it as not having a release. If its totally abstract and completely unrecognisable, then it should be OK to say it doesn't need one. If its halfway in between, then I'd say stick with first option

Not clear on what the issue is. Does the building need property release? Was the pic taken from private or public land? Is the image sufficiently suitable for commercial use so that you would get a premium for RF? When in doubt use RM although in this case it may be a mute point.

dov

Thanks Dov and York, I'm a bit new to all of this and was probably did have the wrong end of the stick... So, declare the building but don't worry about a release, seems to be the answer.

I still can't work out whether I should be using RM or RF... but I know there are umpteen threads on that already, none of which are conclusive.

Onwards and upwards!

Archived