Do Alamy prices vary by region?

I tried searching and didn't find this, so here's a newbie question: Do Alamy prices vary by region?

When pictures in the ongoing "Have you seen any ..." results are by German photographers, the buying options include € 149,00 rather than $149.

At today's rates, that's a shade over $200. As buyers would likely not be paying VAT/MWST, taxation wouldn't account for it. Do continental Europeans simply pay more?

Thanks,

Don

I was asking few times here on the forum and never got answer. Maybe this time it's possible?

Why we see different currency and how does it work? I used to see $ but it somehow rapidly changed to £. What price do client pay if image has £15 and what do I get? Oh, in my profile I have set

Currency in which to be paid   US Dollar (USD)

Perhaps the question is for Alamy rather than the forum members:

If you charge the client in euros but pay the photographer in dollars, what happens with the extra fifty bucks?

Perhaps the question is for Alamy rather than the forum members:

If you charge the client in euros but pay the photographer in dollars, what happens with the extra fifty bucks?

What extra $50? A 149 Euro sale would appear at the exchange rate accounting equivalent in your account - not as $149.

Archived