Keyword Perfect working with already uploaded images?

I wonder if it is possible to use keyword perfect with the 200+ photos that i have already submitted but given no very good keywords. Is it possible to download and then import into the software. After indexing it would be best to send the created spreadsheet back to Alamy in order to replace the keywords. Or do you recommend something better?

With only 205 images uploaded to date, why do it the hard/sophisticated way? Surely it would not take too long to just work your way through them, you can keep improving your keywords as many times as you like. Best to do it now, rather than wait until you have a really big task. If you do not feel your command of English is quite good enough (although it looks pretty good to me, just guessing), why not try and find a student who might find it an interesting challenge? They work cheaply and are usually glad to make a little extra money. 

In Canada, many of my Dad's associated professors used to get their houses or cottages virtually re-built in the summers by willing students who were very glad to do something useful for much needed cash. Everybody won!

These days, students are expected to work for free as "interns" which I call slave labour! But let's not get a rant going.....

Most of us could benefit a bit from some extra work on our keywords, but you really have taken the minimalist approach to some extreme. For instance, in a few, I see an range of different colours (or colors) so put the English/American spellings in if you know them and sometimes it doesn't hurt to use German. Alamy sells a fair bit in Germany (and France, Italy, etc).  Plural as well as singular sometimes if it seems relevant. Alamy search doesn't see plurals automatically.

Then there those who throw half a dictionary in the box. Often, that is what keyword software does. That is probably counterproductive!

Personally I see keywording as a progressive process. I tend to start off with as many words as possible in a batch and then delete the ones that are not relevant to that individual pic. It doesn't take long to cut or cut and paste. So far I have uploaded some 850 pics this month so batch keywording is a subject close to my heart!!

Good luck

dov

Archived