Public liability insurance

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for providers of public liability insurance for the UK ?

Preferably one that offers short term cover, as I only really need it for a specific two week period during a single UK sporting event.

I have PL with my camera insurance (Imaging Insurance) but previously had it separate from a couple of companies. Direct line for Business do a fairly competive insurance for PL but I'm not sure you can get short term, a year is usually about £50-60. Short term PL usually comes in under Event Insurance and TBH, is not all that good value for what you want - tends to be aimed at people actually running the events.

An insurance broker might be best bet for steering you to the right company.

Hi Andy

I use Towergate  they can increase /decrease cover depending on Job . Note sure they do short term cover but worth asking them 

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for that. I googled Towergate and I'll contact them.

I have PL with my camera insurance (Imaging Insurance) but previously had it separate from a couple of companies. Direct line for Business do a fairly competive insurance for PL but I'm not sure you can get short term, a year is usually about £50-60. Short term PL usually comes in under Event Insurance and TBH, is not all that good value for what you want - tends to be aimed at people actually running the events.

An insurance broker might be best bet for steering you to the right company.

Hi Geoff,

At £50-£60 for the year, short term cover isn't so important. From the little I've read, I was expecting annual cover to be a lot more. I'll get a quote from Direct line too.

Thanks for your help.

Archived