A (very) basic Photoshop backup question

Forgive my technophobia.....a thought occurred to me the other day about backing up from Photoshop Elements. 

I do regular backups using the option within Elements onto a couple of different external hard drives but I'm wondering if that is sufficient - ie does this 

save everything including the RAW files, or is it just saving the actual Photoshop structure, catalogue, albums etc ?

Thanks in advance

This page would suggest that...it depends, mainly on what type of backup you have chosen.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/elements-organizer/mac-app-store/backup-restore-catalogs.html

If you've only chosen to backup the structure then you won't be including the image files. A major clue will be the appearance and size of your backup on your external drives(s).

3 hours ago, geoff s said:

The backups are over 1 tb which sounds pretty big to me !

Yes, that is pretty big! You've been doing exactly the right thing, ideally your second backup should be off the premises of course, not always easy to achieve.