Do you get strange search results?

NYCat

Question

I've already mentioned search results for African Lion. Sometimes it is OK but sometimes lots of illustrations and bad results with a contributor's images bunched up. I've also had poor results with Grizzly and African Elephant. Anyone else trying different searches from the main search page?

Paulette

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Martin L said:

If I have 'Relevant' selected then I get 'proper' pictures of lions

If I have 'Newest' selected then I get loads of illustrations 

Maybe it's that?

Thank you. That has given me the clue I needed. If I have been looking at my images using the link that lets me see them with most recently added coming first and then I go to the Alamy search page I get the results for "Newest" even though it looks like "Relevant" has been chosen. I can get to the right results by choosing again. That's a big relief. So other people coming to Alamy are getting proper results.

Paulette

24 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Thank you. That has given me the clue I needed. If I have been looking at my images using the link that lets me see them with most recently added coming first and then I go to the Alamy search page I get the results for "Newest" even though it looks like "Relevant" has been chosen. I can get to the right results by choosing again. That's a big relief. So other people coming to Alamy are getting proper results.

Paulette

Glad it helped sort out the prob 👍

• Thanks 1