'60% of net' shown as Alamy commission on Account Balance tab

Norfolk Coaster

Question

Can someone tell me what '60% of net' shown as the Alamy commission on the Account Balance tab means? I've had a couple of these lately. The balance calculated from these is less than I would expect. How is the running balance calculated in these cases? 

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Norfolk Coaster said:

Can someone tell me what '60% of net' shown as the Alamy commission on the Account Balance tab means? I've had a couple of these lately. The balance calculated from these is less than I would expect. How is the running balance calculated in these cases? 

It was a distributor sale. The distributor takes their cut and then Alamy gets 60% of what is left. Then we get a wee bit. Sad but sometimes worth it for a distributor who pays a lot.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette for giving me the answer. 

At first I thought the calculation was wrong as I was taking '40% distributor commission' to mean my commission, but it is of course exactly what it says. Now I can see that the calculation is correct and as you say, the poor old photographer only gets a 'wee bit'!

Paul