The Magnum darkroom printing of Pablo Inirio

Interesting to see these all in one place:

https://www.magnumphotos.com/newsroom/burning-beauty/

A few more on this page, not sure if they are all Pablo Inirio though I suspect they are:

https://www.magnumphotos.com/shop/darkroom-prints/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=shop

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Bearing in mind that these prints were presumably sold as stock to magazines and newspapers back in the day I suppose that they then took copies of the 'master' print. In the digital age do they still publish and print from copies of these master prints or do they recreate his vision in Photoshop? No idea obviously.

It would be interesting to compare the straight print with his corrected vision of it. I do remember a documentary on H C-B from a long time ago where they were very carefully adjusting one of his images in Photoshop prior to publication.

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, noelbennett said:

If you have time to spare, you might watch this video on ARTE about Harry Gruyaert also a Magnum photographer.

Thanks, I'm a huge admirer of the photographs of Harry Gruyaert so I will watch it. I have seen one video fairly recently when he was photographing from the back of the bus as it drove along the coast, in France I think. I was a little surprised when he got hold of the head of someone sitting on the back seat and pushed it out of the way so he could get the shot he wanted, he didn't appear to know him, and didn't appear to say anything him to either. Perhaps it's this video.

1 hour ago, noelbennett said:

May actually be the same video, I noticed the same scene in that video.

OK, I look forward to watching it and maybe I'll come away with a different impression, it seemed on the face of it rather unnecessary and quite obviously insensitive at the very least. I remember going to an exhibition in a Chateau in Normandy with his work, Martin Parr and H C-B, which was nice.