It's been a while since I submitted photos to be considered as a contributor to this stock library and I have yet to hear from the judges. Sadly I have considered I can't be bothered trying with this stock library again.

I have a rare opportunity to photograph pieces of the Murchison Meteorite that are in private hands, there are only a few photos of this meteorite on this site. So I won't be submitting them to this site, but to others that have accepted my work.

I would like to thank the people who gave me advice on what equipment was necessary to pass Q and A. 

The Sony One Stop makes editing very simple and converting, it beats the Panasonic hands down.

• Dislike 1

I never received any notification that the images I submitted had been accepted and navigating is a bit of hit and miss affair. 

So I upload a number of images taken with the Sony a6000 and they sit in QC for a few days, and then because one did not pass QC the whole batch has been rejected.

Fairly brutal I should say.

• Dislike 1

You obviously passed the first three and have them for sale.

The advice is (or was) to keep the next couple of submissions rather small, say eight to ten, as they'll still be getting a more careful examination by Quality Control.   The thing with rejecting the whole batch when one photo is defective is to train us to examine our photos more carefully, to do our own quality control.   People with five stars get periodic spot checks but not on all submissions.  People who are generally reliable get checked on the most suspicious photo in every batch.   New contributors get more checking. 

As far as I know, we go from three stars to five without there being any four star ranking for Quality Control. 

• Like 1

On 21/01/2023 at 13:58, Phillip said:

I have a rare opportunity to photograph pieces of the Murchison Meteorite that are in private hands, there are only a few photos of this meteorite on this site. So I won't be submitting them to this site, but to others that have accepted my work.

What!!?? and miss the chance to get between 17-20% of the $3 the image could eventually be sold for here on Alamy?  You must be bonkers to pass by on such riches! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2023 at 11:32, Rebecca Ore said:

You obviously passed the first three and have them for sale.

The advice is (or was) to keep the next couple of submissions rather small, say eight to ten, as they'll still be getting a more careful examination by Quality Control.   The thing with rejecting the whole batch when one photo is defective is to train us to examine our photos more carefully, to do our own quality control.   People with five stars get periodic spot checks but not on all submissions.  People who are generally reliable get checked on the most suspicious photo in every batch.   New contributors get more checking. 

As far as I know, we go from three stars to five without there being any four star ranking for Quality Control. 

Since that batch was rejected, I now only upload about 6 images at a time, but it can take days for them to pass, QC. Since the initial rejection, I have not had any others.

On 28/01/2023 at 13:06, antonsrkn said:

What!!?? and miss the chance to get between 17-20% of the $3 the image could eventually be sold for here on Alamy?  You must be bonkers to pass by on such riches! 

How did you know I am bonkers. LOL. I am having a big adventure and most of my photography is turning out to be travel related with the occasional still life. I am photographing Australian bush foods and slowly building that into a portfolio.

I am becoming very brutal with sorting my images, sadly some great shots, fail once I put them on the large screen, so get deleted I don't even try to fix them.

On 28/01/2023 at 13:06, antonsrkn said:

Alamy publishes a bucket list of Images that clients have requested, now I could supply a fair few, the only issue is that it is going to cost me a bit of money to go and photograph those images, so if the client wants to buck for travelling costs, I would be more than glad to go and take the images.

And if Alamy wants them to be exclusive let's talk turkey, but I won't hold my breath

Edited by Phillip
  • Thanks 1