Keywording "Painted" or "Filtered" Photos

StanRohrer

Question

Computer generated paintings and artistic filters are now image post-processing possibilities. I consider these less documentary and more "artsy". Below is an example of one of my "painted" images. My question is: What keywords should be applied? What keywords would buyers try in attempt to find "painted" styles? I'm considering: painted, computer painted, computer painting, digital painting, computer art.

nickel-plate-road-no-765-is-a-2-8-4-berk

2 answers to this question

I would say 'painterly' would be one but maybe try searching for your other suggested keywords and see what comes up. I don't actually know how Alamy deal with this type of image in QC as they would clearly fail under normal criteria such as 'lacking definition'. When does a photograph cease being a photograph and become an illustration I wonder? Recently a 'Digitally altered:' status appeared under every image in the main details page but we have no way of entering that information, if you had the option of saying 'Yes' in AIM for that and there was a corresponding filter then that might help potential buyers find it and others like it, of which there are many I think.

Harry, Thanks for the reply. I have this random sample of one that has made it past the QC. I've a got a few more to try. "Painterly" is an interesting word to add. I'll do some searches and see if I can turn up anything similar for keyword review.