Alamy Bridge plugin

I’ve been using the Alamy bridge plugin virtually since it came out and worked with Jim Keir on its development when I could help. I’ve used it all the time for years without problems. I’ve had a gap of a few months following a house fire, but when I just went to upload a few images I got image not uploaded, reason in the data, but there was no reason in the data or on the web page it opens. The only thing changed on my computer is Lightroom being updated. I can’t see anything to cause this and it doesn’t show up on Alamy as a failed upload. Anyone else having this problem. Maybe a change with the new Alamy site? Thanks 

On 04/08/2022 at 09:09, Gilwen said:

I’ve been using the Alamy bridge plugin virtually since it came out and worked with Jim Keir on its development when I could help. I’ve used it all the time for years without problems. I’ve had a gap of a few months following a house fire, but when I just went to upload a few images I got image not uploaded, reason in the data, but there was no reason in the data or on the web page it opens. The only thing changed on my computer is Lightroom being updated. I can’t see anything to cause this and it doesn’t show up on Alamy as a failed upload. Anyone else having this problem. Maybe a change with the new Alamy site? Thanks 

I also have this issue.  I last uploaded at the end of 2021 with the same version of the plugin that I currently have.  Since then, I've upgraded my Mac to OS Monterey and there have been a few updates to LR Classic.

From what I can tell, I think this is a local issue with the plugin/LR Classic and the error occurs before an image is exported from LR (or uploaded to Alamy).  As part of troubleshooting, I set the plugin to create a local copy and this does not happen.

Edited by CHP

Thanks at least I’m not the only one. I also tried the same approach as you without any result, it must be either the latest Lightroom update or changes to Alamy’s upload. The plugin still seems to be able to get and set the metadata