Update login pop-up window

H Kotowski

Since a week or so ago a pop-up window appears every time I open forum tab. asking me to update the password.

The suggested new password is shown every time as abcdefgh. I decline and so far I can log in using my own password.

Is there a bug in the Alamy software or is my computer in some way infected?

It can be annoying. Are you using Firefox?.. if so, go to Preferences - Privacy and security - Logins and Passwords - untick the box that says "Ask to save logins and passwords for websites". Worked for me.

Strange. This happens only on alamy.com. I have switched to another computer now and the pop-up window with suggested password abcdefgh is shown every time I log in to Forum or click Alamy Measures. Apparently a software bug.

8 hours ago, H Kotowski said:

Strange. This happens only on alamy.com. I have switched to another computer now and the pop-up window with suggested password abcdefgh is shown every time I log in to Forum or click Alamy Measures. Apparently a software bug.

I have to amend my suggestion... after unticking the suggested box, I found no password as saved, so had to type in manually... like you, I find it only happens on Alamy... I switched to using Safari for Alamy and I don't get the window showing up.  Can't explain why this is happening, but try another browser.