Guardian Photo

Chris Craggs

Question

3 answers to this question

27 minutes ago, Chris Craggs said:

I spotted one of my shots in the Guardian newspaper about six weeks ago (Redcar Wind-farm) but it has not appeared in my 'sales' - I wonder if anyone knows what the situation is with big companies like this?

Thanks for looking

Chris

Guardian is usually good.  They report month end, but seem to only catch licences with about a month lag in reporting.  For example their End of March report would have been early Feb to early March, so you may have missed their cut off in their March reporting, and should expect it next week.  

That said Alamy will tell you to wait 3 months before they will contact their clients to enquire.

As Meandering says the Guardian is usually good at reporting usage. Most newspapers operate a self-reporting system which can take up to three months for the usage to appear. Make a note of the usage and if not reported in 3 months contact Alamy.

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Kirby
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nigel Kirby said:

As Meandering says the Guardian is usually good at reporting usage. Most newspapers operate a self-reporting system which can take up to three months for the usage to appear. Make a note of the usage and if not reported in 3 months contact Alamy.

Nigel

with minimal fees, and lack of punitive damage not even sure i would bother contacting Alamy at month 3 anymore for regular clients, except if you need it to bump a level.  one day it will appear.  i'm probably moving to a 6 months sweep personally.  

different for non regular client as discussed in the "infringement" thread.  

that said i may become "suspicious" earlier when we get direct contact with the infringement team.

Edited by meanderingemu