Vector vs JPG Illustration question

zsooofija

Question

Hi,

I've been uploading vectors for a couple of years to Alamy, but I've just discovered this page recently: https://www.alamy.com/licenses-and-pricing/
Looking at the RF image license prices a vector file costs 5 times less than the smallest JPG and 36 times less than the XXLarge JPG (that can be easily created from the vector file with a free software). So now I am wondering: should I replace my vector files with large JPGs? 

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by zsooofija
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

12 hours ago, zsooofija said:

Hi,

I've been uploading vectors for a couple of years to Alamy, but I've just discovered this page recently: https://www.alamy.com/licenses-and-pricing/
Looking at the RF image license prices a vector file costs 5 times less than the smallest JPG and 36 times less than the XXLarge JPG (that can be easily created from the vector file with a free software). So now I am wondering: should I replace my vector files with large JPGs? 

Thanks for any advice!

Have you ever sold any of these?

59 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Have you ever sold any of these?

Yes I sold some, but most of them were around $10 sales (9.99) and I also had one $75 (probaly some kind of extended license). Any advice?

• Like 1

On 07/07/2020 at 08:37, zsooofija said:

Yes I sold some, but most of them were around $10 sales (9.99) and I also had one $75 (probaly some kind of extended license). Any advice?

I'd do some experiments by uploading  large jpegs (at least a few dozens) and only the time will tell...Nice work, by the way! 🙂

6 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

I'd do some experiments by uploading  large jpegs (at least a few dozens) and only the time will tell...Nice work, by the way! 🙂

Thank you for your nice words.

I just uploaded 20 JPGs, all accepted, so I will do that with more images.

• Like 1