Newbie can't sync Alamy Bridge Plugin to site

David Mutlow

Question

Hi I’ve been out of photography for sometime and looking to return to stock photography.
I’ve repurchased the plugin because I couldn’t find the original file.
Its working fine on my Lightroom Classic the correct key is installed all is latest software.
My problem is that I can’t get the smart collection folder that has Alamy in it, to connect to Alamy and mirror what I have on their site.
Can you assist?

Regards

2 answers to this question

Have you added your Alamy signin to the Plugin?

In the LR plugin manager (File/Plugin Manager) in LR complete the email/password/and Plugin licence boxes.

Then test retrieving data from Alamy:

• Select an image in LR that you know is in Alamy
  • Click Export
  • Click Fetch Alamy Metadata
  • Click login
  • In download settings choose "Selected" in Fetch data for ....
  • Hit export

That should retrieve the Alamy data for the one selected image. Note that the plugin matches on Filename - so if you hold Raw files on LR with the camera generated name and submit .jpgs  to Alamy with a different name you won't get a match. If that's your problem post again.

If retrieving one record works, you can change the Fetch data parameter to all and let it run.

Russell

Edited by Russell
Clarification on matching

The fetch date parameter is getting blocked by the info below...

In the 'Upload to Alamy' box... I am Running into a problem... 'Scale to Megabytes' box is missing in my plugin...

Have you come across this issue before?

at the bottom it says... 'Unable to Export: You should use Scale to Megabytes filter ' yet the dialog box is not there. Yet it is visable when I follow the youtube link.

Will be doing a fresh install and try again...