Hello from Romania!

IuliaDr

Hi! I'm an amateur photographer from Romania. I found out about Alamy only recently and have uploaded 12 photos so far. My favorite subjects are cities, architecture and landscape. I've been wanting to practice my street photography a bit more, but I don't want to stress people out by taking photos of them. Maybe you can recommend some lenses for street photography? 

I use a Pentax k-70 mainly with wide lens which I found very useful when taking photos of narrow alleys or buildings. I also have a 35 mm with a manual focus, but I don't use it that much. 

Please feel free to visit my page and offer some feedback! Any advice is welcome. :) 

• Like 1

Welcome to Alamy!

I looked at your photos and they seem to me to be very well thought out and composed and the colours are rich without being over saturated. 

You probably know that you need a lot of photos on this site to make any sort of income. Good luck on  your photographic journey. There is a lot to experience and learn through this craft

All the best.

Edited by Rico

17 hours ago, Rico said:

Welcome to Alamy!

I looked at your photos and they seem to me to be very well thought out and composed and the colours are rich without being over saturated. 

You probably know that you need a lot of photos on this site to make any sort of income. Good luck on  your photographic journey. There is a lot to experience and learn through this craft

All the best.

Thank you very much! I'll be posting more photos as soon as they pass QC. 

5 hours ago, Sally R said:

Some beautiful photos Lulia. I especially love the drone view of Maneciu Lake.

I'm also wanting to practice street photography more. I have a Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 lens that is quite good, but I think having a bit extra focal length is a good idea too. The 70-200mm range seems to be good for more discrete street photography where you don't feel you are pointing the lens too close to people. I'm not sure what is available for Pentax, but I know Tamron and Sigma both have 70-200mm f2.8 lenses that seem to be pretty good from what I've read about them. I'm keen to purchase a lens in this range, but for now I'm often going out with my 90mm Tamron macro lens and using it as a street photography lens, as it is nice and sharp and has turned out to be quite useful beyond macro use.

I first learnt photography on a Pentax K1000 film camera, so I have a soft spot for Pentax. All the best with Alamy!

Thank you! I just got the Pentax D FA 100mm F2.8 SMC Macro wr and I can't wait to try it outside. For now I'll be photographing the plants in my apartment. My first macro lens was a Tamron 70-300 mm, but I found that it's usefull mainly on the 70 side, towards 200-300 the image appears very shaky and grainy (even with a tripod) so I decided to invest in a Pentax lens.

Until the k-70 I used to have a K-x and it was very good. Decided to stick to Pentax because of bought lenses...but it's a bit difficult to find acceptable lenses because they are not very many and the prices are usually higher than the more popular Nikon or Canon ones.  

10 hours ago, Sally R said:

That sounds like a very nice lens that as well as macro would work well as a walk around street photography lens, and I imagine would work well for portraits too. I like the idea of sometimes just having a prime lens. It kind of simplifies things and can help to think creatively when you don't have the convenience of a zoom. And yes, I think many of us are going to be photographing things at home for a while, but hopefully not too far in the future daily life will return to normal and we can capture some street life imagery again 🙂

Thanks! I agree that it's a more creative process using a fixed lens and I'm eager to try it out :)