Stumped on flower ID

Starsphinx

Question

OK I am normally great at identifying stuff - I can normally track down what I want via similar stuff and refining my search - but this one I am finding nothing similar.  I have even done a direct image search on google - and nothing (or at least nothing refinable)

I have a purple pink daisy type flower with a group of purple petals growing out of the centre - and I cannot find anything for flowers with petals growing out of the middle.  I have uploaded a small image for people to see - but can someone please give me and idea of species or where I can look to identify this  (I know what the darn bee is - that was the easy bit lol) 022-Aug-08-2019%20-%20%20%20%20general_z

2 answers to this question

Hi

The flower in your image is a cosmos bipinnatus flower which has a genetic mutation.... Heres an article .... http://lifeofplant.blogspot.com/2011/03/genetics-mutations.html

Its not uncommon to see this.

Hope this helps

Tim

Edited by Tim Gainey

13 minutes ago, Tim Gainey said:

Hi

The flower in your image is a cosmos bipinnatus flower which has a genetic mutation.... Heres an article .... http://lifeofplant.blogspot.com/2011/03/genetics-mutations.html

Its not uncommon to see this.

Hope this helps

Tim

Thank you so much you are wonderful.  The garden where I took the shot had several plants the same and it looked planned so I guessed it was  deliberately chosen variety available.

I can now finish keywording