The Professional Photographer Journal

Vandyck

Question

Hello,  I'm new to this group.  I am NOT a professional photographer although my wife's ancestors were.  Their names were Carl and Herbert Vandyk and in the  October 1916 edition of  The Professional Photographer journal, there was an article which described in great detail the layout and interior of Herbert Vandyk’s studios at 39 Buckingham Palace Road, in what is now the Rubens Hotel.  The article also included some pictures but after multiple copying those pictures are no longer decipherable in the copy I have.  So I would really love to find if there is, stored somewhere in a museum or library, archived copies of the journal going back 120 years... a big ask!  But it is worth asking the question.  Can anyone come up with any suggestions please?  Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Hi

I believe the Photographer journal may have been published by the BIPP British Institute of Professional Photographers  they were founded in 1901 why not give them a call .

Call us on: 01772 367 968 

Email us at: admin@bipp.com

The British Institute of Professional Photography
The Artistry House
16 Winckley Square
Preston
PR1 3JJ